Saint Mary's Episcopal Church was originally founded in 1883 as a mission church of the Church of the Redeemer in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. The current church building was designed by noted Philadelphia architect Frank Furness and his partner Allen Evans in 1887.
As a member of the team retained by Saint Mary's to undertake replacement of the church roof, Suzanna Barucco, Principal of sbk + partners, LLC, provided technical expertise for the restoration of 42 leaded glass clerestory windows in the sanctuary. Field survey was undertaken to produce a comprehensive, window-by-window conditioin assessment and specifications for restoration and repair. Suzanna also provided construction observation services, including submittal review, responding to contractor questions, and site visits to review work in progress. The project was recognized with a Preservation Award from Lower Merion Township.
Saint Mary's Episcopal Church